Fetch my Sketch
Pet Portraits by Leonie Blake
"We are so delighted with the painting of Chewee. Not only did Leonie capture the exact physical likeness of him but also his personality. Communication with Leonie was brilliant throughout the whole process and we were over the moon to receive the wonderful finished picture" Josephine and Rob Stevenson
"I thoroughly recommend Leonie's pet portraits" Mark Robbins
ACRYLIC INK PAINTINGS
Small portraits in acrylic ink on panel. Working in atmospheric greyscale or making use of the luminous white ground of the gesso panels to create jewel-like vibrant colours. These portraits are dry almost instantly and therefore ready to be sent off within the same week. Different panel options and finishes are available. Contact me for exact delivery times.
OIL PAINTING STUDIES
These small scale oil paintings are also produced on panel. They focus on painterly touch and mark-making to create an immediate and striking portrayal of your pet. They are executed fairly rapidly but you will be sent a photomontage of your painting before I commence so you have a good idea of what the outcome will look like.
Inspired by great artists such as Gerhard Richter and Caravaggio, these are paintings that have been developed over a sustained period of time. They prioritse a sense of movement when inspired by Richter or draw upon Caravaggio's use of chiaroscuro. Watch out too for an upcoming rococo range that I am currently developing that looks to Tiepolo and Fragonard.
HOW TO COMMISSION YOUR PAINTING
- I work from photographs. In order to best capture your animal, this needs to as sharp and detailed as possible. Even though the work I produce is quite expressive, I do need that detail to work from.
- Please submit a great photo that is as clear as possible, preferably taken in daylight.
- I am very happy to discuss which of your photographs will work best for a painting.
- You can email me the images at: [email protected]
- Order process:
- I will email you a short questionnaire to fill out with the details of your painting.
- For acrylic ink paintings full payment is due before I start. For all other oil paintings, a 50% deposit is due. You can pay this via Paypal or bank transfer.